Friday, July 1, 2022

The albatross and the tangerine.

6 years and 1283791273 drafts later!


It's not like I haven't tried blogging, but it's been so hard. It's almost as if there's a nagging high pitched voice in my head (sounds like my high school english teacher... probably something I should unpack in therapy). Which keeps telling me that I've already written everything that's on my mind right now.

And while all my dating profiles mention how I have 'varied interests and opinions' (and that 'blogging' is an interest), I feel really lost for thoughts every-time I sit in front of the familiar blogger UI. All I can mostly think of is.

1. Writing is harder now. (But I've written about that)
2. It's been so long since I wrote last. (Done that tooLike. A. Hundred. Times.)
3. Writing a post about the stuff I wanted to write about. That's what this post is about. (aaaaand of course, I've written about that too!)
4. Wanting lists to end on even numbers. (Hafta admit, this isn't that bad, I've always hated the number 3)

If only I had a niche growing up, like - [making lego blocks / writing BS trivia on Quora / anal bleaching],  I'm sure I would have been MUCH more consistent here. In fact, I'd probably be on YouTube by now, selling people finance courses to people and asking them to "Like, Subscribe, Click the bell icon."  OR calling myself a 'Visionary thought leader' on Linkedin

Come to think of it, I was creating content (questionable in quality? Yes.  but have you seen what the thought leaders do?!) before the creator economy was even a thing! When some of the kids that ask me to "Like, subscribe...etc" today were in diapers. And tbh, that's the only thing I can say to the voice in my head.

This blog and the people I met here have been really special.  And yes, there's some regret that I won't get checkins via comments from the old gang. But they are still very much a part of me, we did kinda grow up together. (Who knows, maybe some of them are actual visionary thought leaders?).  


There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.  - Gandhi


Khuda haafiz.
- Me

PS: Can't believe I quoted Gandhi and referenced anal bleaching in the same post!

1 comment:

TR said...

The “visionary thought leader” part is so specific and made me lol! Glad to see some other sporadic bloggers around in this day and age.