Friday, June 15, 2012

The Delhi Boy

This is going to be a long-ish post and it's going to contain a years worth of updates, so lets see if I can pull off the break neck story-to-story mode or has my near-year long hiatus turned me into some  chipmunk with a typewriter, thankfully though I still have doubts about the meaningful-ness of life so I might just be able to pull this off in readable length. 

Okay, Since my last post, I had yet another semester in college, which would have been a typical IIT sem again (you know, like the one's I dedicate a sentence to usually.) Only this time, there was a Dis-Co (I'm sorry for if you hate Chetan Bhagat, but I'll have to refer you to his first book to get to know what that means.) Also there was a brief stint (read: one night) in a district court, where I was taken to in the dead of the night by a few people (read: 8 police men) and when I say taken, I actually mean grabbed and tossed into one of those police buses that have grills on the window! (I'm so going to LOVE reading this blog a couple of years from now.) Well I'm NOT an 'Angry Young Man' per se, and I know the Amitabh Bachchan references don't exactly re-enforce faith but public forums don't permit me to get into the details. Anyway things did work out, and I did get away with just one 1:00 AM police thane waali call to dad.

Okay, so here I am, back in Bangalore, interning again, hoping that people here who might just employ me sometime in the future don't run into my blog, wondering how my stint with the corporate world has already started, and how the next couple of decades of my life might just follow this pattern. Life seemed to be leading somewhere so much cooler when I was the 5 year old Delhi Boy who thought that someday he would definitely go to space or meet God or at the very least end up with superpowers but here I am now, hoping to trade lives with someone from the Amazon where you run around with those big spears and once in a while just go up to the altar and sacrifice the kid who's born funny looking, coming to terms with how Aliens will never land on Earth and how God might just be an imaginary concept. Sigh. 

The thing is, that life's just become realistic now, and it's set to become more and more so. I miss being carefree and nonchalant about things, I miss the time where jobs were somethings that uncles did, where the future was shrouded in mystery. I know it might be a dumb thing to hold on to my expectations from 16 years ago, but I owe it to that 5 year old who didn't know or care what the petrol prices were or how he was going to make rent, who looked up at the sky at night, and thought that it was possible to touch it one day. I'll probably be cribbing about how carefree I was when I was 21 a couple of years from now, but that's life I guess, it's more about what could have been.  

Well yes, I'm not insane and nor am I a corporate droid yet, I did visit a shooting range and also went surfing (which was a fun memory till yesterday, when I found out that it's given me a cracked rib. Yes, I'm one of the few people who've had chest X-Rays now,) but it IS a letdown from my previous appraisal of the future. Hopefully next time I sit down and plan about the future it won't have so many things that contradict modern science. :)
 
Oh in other news, there was a break up in the meanwhile as well, it wasn't the best experience, I mean the word 'manipulative' was thrown around as if it were a Roadies Audition, I would have been more detailed about it, but the last time I posted about an ex here, google somehow started featuring that post as a top search result for "call girls in guwahati". Also what more do I need to say when the very omnipotent people at ask-oracle.com can summarize it for me, check this. Don't judge me for this, there are a LOT of people (my own mother included) who actually think that this stuff is true. :)

Later
Me

P.S. I had to credit her for the motivation behind posting, or she would have killed me.

6 comments:

Shruti said...

Haha! I loved this post.
You should post more often you know.
And I understand the psyche of the 5 year old Delhi boy. I had the same as a little girl.

P.S: Girls can be the meanest little things post break-up. Speaking from personal experience.

Rahul Bhatnagar said...

Hahaha, glad you liked it, I WAS quite serious when I was doubting my writing skills.

P.S: Oh and a very genuine thank you to the understanding Little-Girl. :)

Zeba said...

Back to Bangalore and interning. A lot of things are happening at my end which are very unlike what you related in the post. BUT. I too am heading back to Bangalore, home. And will be interning. Hi5? :-)

Nihareekaa said...

Seems like quite a LOT has happened in the last few months. And you've managed it all.

Although it isn't my place to say, but don't ever stop writing. Write for yourself. It doesn't even have to be a post. Pen down the words that come to your mind just to keep the thought process flowing. Coz once you stop, it is difficult to kick-start your brain again.

Cheers!

Zeebs said...

Let not the velociraptors bog us down.

Isha Trakru's soliloquies said...

oh, lovely post rahul. great writing, hilarious , etc . but i wonder how the summary of an entire year has no mention of the most important person in your little world? People behind the camera get credit too you know, or maybe a bitchfit or two once in a while will guarantee a feature?